Summer is here and the time is right … for hanging around the house and burning as little $4-a-gallon gasoline as possible.
In light of our collective lack of sufficient economic stimulus, I have compiled an 18-track mostly continuous mix of 24.5 songs designed to facilitate distractions of a more economical nature. After all, it costs nothing to nod your head to the beat or to strut around the house like you’ve got your own personal soundtrack. I’m not saying that a single listen will inspire you to push the living room furniture to the wall to make more room for interpretive dance … but I’m not saying it won’t either.
Basically, I removed the inertial dampeners this time. The “guilty pleasure” tracks have fallen where they may, right in the path of perfectly awesome songs from way back when or even cooler songs from the near future.
What’s the concept? I’m not sure. Unbridled optimism, maybe? Enough explaining.
The link: Summerating 2008: A Mix
- “Because Of Love (Standing In The Need Intro)” – Janet Jackson
- “Love Hangover (with Estelle)” – Kidz In The Hall
- “Let Me Be Your (Connected) Lover” – Jimmy Bo Horne / Stereo MCs
- “Lazy Bones” – Robin Thicke
- “She Knows” – Gnarls Barkley
- “Underdogs” – Manic Street Preachers
- “Violet Stars Happy Hunting / Beat Girl” – Janelle Monae / John Barry
- “The Groove That Just Won’t Stop” – Time Machine
- “Tell It Like It Is” – S.O.U.L.
- “I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor” – Baby Charles
- “Wanna Do My Thing” – Matata
- “Your Thing Is A Drag” – Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
- “Save Me” – Nina Simone
- “Maybe Its Just Me” – Butch Walker and The Lets-Go-Out-Tonights
- “Ruby Lee / Time (The Donut of The Heart)” – Bill Withers / J Dilla
- “Untitled (Follow Ur Lead)” – Coultrain
- “Honey (Captain Planet Remix)” – Erykah Badu
- “Love Would Never Do (Love To See You Tonight Intro)” – Janet Jackson
Love it. Hate it. Let me know what you think about it.